Monday, September 17, 2007

The Mural Continues part 9


Took advantage of the nice weather to stop by the BAC after work and continue on the mural. The biggest change since my last visit is obvious, that wooden extension piece (courtesy of mural pro Bob Mataranglo I believe) that has been added to the wall, taking the image above the roofline. I believe the plan is to do something like it over on the other side where the Main Street drawbridge is up. My goal was to repaint the same things I did last time, but make them better. The second photo shows the areas I dealt with today. I worked on the area under the wood attachment, the brown bulkhead structure under the bridge, making the structure more regular and fixing the shadows to bring them in line with the viewpoint of the rest of the painting. The other main area of concern was to the right of that, the pink ramp leading down off the high route 35 bridge. Got to use a new color from out Siperstein's supply today, Autumn Sedum (the pink color). I repainted all the pink, moving one of the supports back a little in space and adjusting line thicknesses to make the perspective a little more logical, and then repainted all the blue colors (blues and browns same as last time) on the supports underneath. I'm satisfied that both these areas are fine. I also did some touch up on the gridwork of dark beams that spans the two previously mentioned areas, which had been partially covered with the sky color that had been scumbled on.

With that done, and the air getting a little chilly, I called it a day. Besides, I need to find out how much more there actually is to do on the upper half. I'd think we're just about ready to take down the scaffold and start working on the undersea portion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home