Monday, September 03, 2007

A History of Art part 32


Busy night in the basement tonight. I actually got to the Studio in the late afternoon and put in some time on my tower block before others started arriving. First was Rob, one of Molly's recent students, there to do some silkscreening. Molly arrived shortly after, to get him set up with a lesson or two about registration. Molly had a project of her own to work on as well, a new tabletop woodcut piece, still in the early stages. But Molly had to put that off for a while as we had another visitor, Mike, who saw her work at Exhibit A in Asbury and wants to learn everything she can teach him. While she was showing Mike all the possibilities of printmaking, Rob got down to business with his print, first laying down some metallic gold, then overprinting the red skull design, as seen in the top photo. And squeezed in between all this, Molly and I sat down to discuss the text for an ad that will be running next month.

Despite all this, I did get some work done on my block. Today I was concentrating on a section on the lower left side. First was the art nook, adjusting the game board path, cleaning up the little boy and his clothing, and redrawing the easel. Next went to the right and did a little more with the continental soldier artwork, mostly fixing the building behind him. Then I jumped up a level to my barbershop/supermarket scene. Cleaned up some of the sketch of the figure and barber chair, but spent most of my time on the woman shopper behind the cart. I had long thought the first version was too large, but this figure is more to the scale of the rest of the scene, and the pose is changed a little, too. Spent a little time on the shelves around her. Still have a few details to work out, but I'm much happier with this than I was.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home