Saturday, August 18, 2007

Doing Business in Mercer County

Spent a bit of the afternoon driving to Mercer County and back. In between I was at a housewarming party for the newlywed couple whose house I helped paint back in March. The painting job is now finished, furniture is in place, and art on the wall, including something of mine- a colored print I did for their "save the date" postcard. I couldn't stay long today due to another commitment, but I did have a snack and took care of some business.

First, I finally turned over to the couple their wedding present, the St Budoc print. I brought it with me back in March to show them, but with everything in disarray, I thought it best to hold onto it until they were ready. I'm told that after framing it would likely hang in the master bedroom, by the person who generally makes that decision.

The other bit of business was to see if the bride would be willing to help out with a future project. I thought she'd make a good model for the portrait/figure piece that I had been thinking about since January, but the last person I asked to help me with this one eventually decided against it. I had better luck today- my friend says she's willing to pose. I told her I'd get in touch with her in the fall, after I get the tower project more or less finished and we've gotten past the first few weeks of our respective fall semester classes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home