Friday, August 10, 2007

Another Day of Printing

This morning I found e-mail saying that I could drop off the t-shirt print at the Boatworks today if I wanted, so I planned to do that in the early afternoon. Meanwhile I went downtown to talk to our local chamber of commerce, to try to find out if I'm part of next week's second Manasquan Art Walk. I don't think that I had signed up for it, and there's a conflict with my summer job. But I was told that I was on the list, though I could have until next week to figure out if I would be participating.

After stopping at home to pick up some stuff I took off for Belmar, a roundabout trip due to multiple detours I had to take to get away from traffic issues. No one was there at the Boatworks, but I was able to let myself in and leave the print in the office. I locked up and left for Ocean Grove.

Before my work yesterday I had torn down a bunch of paper to the proper size to print supermarket prints, but by the time I finished my t-shirt project I decided I had done enough for the day. I had also brought several of the supermarket blocks with me yesterday, so those were ready as well. My visitors the other day had selected 3 supermarket prints that they wished to buy, and I offered to provide nice clean copies. It turned out that I had good copies of 2 of the 3 at home. I suppose I could have just printed one copy of the 3rd and been done, but the sale would clean me out my immediate supply of those other 2 prints, not to mention that I had discovered that I didn't have a single loose copy of #6 from the series (I do have one under glass, but that's not always convenient to carry around), so I decided to just do a bunch of printing at once. I printed one each of the the 2 prints I had clean copies of, two each of the other one I needed for the sale and the one I had no extras of.

Because of the need to get the t-shirt image into production immediately, I added a little drying compound to the ink yesterday, and the prints were almost dry by the time I left the Studio. No such rush today, so no ink dryer, which means they need to dry in a rack for a while. The perfect opportunity to try out my new used/repurposed paper drying rack. As you can see above, it did a nice job holding the 6 prints, with plenty of room on bottom shelves for the blocks themselves, which will also need time to dry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home