Monday, August 13, 2007

A History of Art part 23

Dropped by the Studio after my day job for a little while, long enough to rework some of yesterday's drawing. My solution to drawing Castelnuovo from the small photo was to do an enlarged sketch of the scene in a sketchbook first, then used that with my mirror to do the reversed drawing of the city on the block. That's what got me to this point. What's here is accurate, but I'm not sure if I'm satisfied. After looking at the results a while, I think I may want to shrink the scale a bit- I'll lose some detail, but I'll fit more of the city in the space. I'll think about it for a few days, then make a decision one way or the other. At that point I'll also deal with logos for the two tall interstate signs, which were also redrawn tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home