Tuesday, August 28, 2007

A History of Art part 30


I started today with the boat ride, making the changes I had planned after the last session. The perspective is now definitely more consistent with the rest of the scene, especially when I compare it to the initial version of the ride drawing. I added in a couple of kids, but decided not to put in that suspended upper ring. I think this is pretty much done. Then on to the gulls. I moved one that had been along the bottom edge to a higher position, replaced it with a soaring bird, then added another gull to the right above the ride. This has a logic, as once a gull discovers a food source, it isn't long before every other gull in the vicinity is rapidly descending on the spot. Visually, it will help bring some of the gull shapes and colors further across the composition. This area is more or less done, too.

And with that, the first version of the block drawing is finished. All the planned areas are accounted for. I'll back off a few days (I can use the time to get ready for fall classes), then look with fresh eyes. Assuming nothing major is bothering me, I will still need to go in and start fixing details, but it's nice to know that basic composition is set.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home