Friday, August 24, 2007

A History of Art part 28

After work today I took a ride down by the Manasquan municipal marina along Perrine, where I know from experience gulls tend to come around. The best time to see them is usually around low tide, when they can pick at stuff exposed by the receding water. Unfortunately, today's low tides were during the work day, and very late tonight, and I was there at near the high tide mark. Still, I found one pair (herring gulls I believe, shown above) hanging around where I could take some photos of them in various positions from my truck. Tomorrow I'll try my luck at low tide at nearby Stockton Lake, another place where they congregate. Meanwhile I did a bunch of sketches of gulls from internet sources tonight. One way or another, I should have enough to work with to do my gull sketches on the tower block the next time I'm in the Studio.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home