Sunday, August 19, 2007

A History of Art part 25


Today's work on the tower block continued the foreground area around the base. I put to use one of my boardwalk sketches from the other day, putting in the kids boat ride. Seen by itself (top photo), the drawing looks pretty good so far, but when seen in relation to everything else (bottom photo), the perspective doesn't match the rest of the scene. So I am going to have to go back into this during the week. I can accept the boats being seen from overhead a little, it even kind of makes sense considering where the eye level seems to be. I think the problem is the ring suspended above the ride, the thing with the fish design in the middle. If I change the curve on that a bit I can make it feel more like it sits in the same space as the everything else.

I will also need to put something in the space to the left, the empty stretch of boardwalk. It could be a piece of another ride, or some other bit of boardwalk culture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home