Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The Mural Continues part 7


Following my work on the tower block at the Studio, I drove right to the BAC to continue on the mural. Due to various situations it's been 2 weeks since my last painting session, but others had been busy. Our pro Beth over two sessions of her own worked on the water areas, adding lighter wave forms over most of the surface, and darker shadow/reflections under the bridges and piers and along the boat. And Pat had worked the condos on the left. She was back today, over on the far right. Meanwhile, I went back to the railroad areas. I mixed up a light gray from our Siperstein's stash, using a South Port/White mix, and adding a little Chamois Shirt. This would be used to do the railings under the raised rail bridge. Over to the fixed girder bridge, where I used the Grand Grape to repaint the dark girders, making them more regular and adding an indented shadow area. I then mixed my two colors together to make a slightly lighter version of the dark girder color, which was used as a highlight to give the bridge a little more 3D feel. Click on the lower photo to see the details.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home