Saturday, October 06, 2007

A History of Art part 43


A beautiful warm sunny Saturday afternoon, and I spent much of it (minus a short walk to visit a gallery in Asbury) in the Studio. Today's focus was the center of the base of the tower, the area around the stairway. I started with the bit of carpet at the base of the stairs and the hardwood floor under the stairs, then the adjacent tall wooden block that holds up part of the second level. Next was the alphabet block under the stairs. Then I cut out the negative space around the stairway handrail. After my gallery break I dealt with the stairs and landing at the top of the stairs, finished the railing, then cut the large wooden blocks too the right of the stairs. That included cutting out Felix. I decided to end it there for the day, having finished a nice sized chunk of the tower.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home