Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I'm a ramblin' guy

I didn't go into my usual Wednesday job today, but I had little rest in a very busy day. After the usual morning routine I framed a piece of art for the upcoming 33rd Annual Members Juried Show at the Printmaking Council of NJ. Luckily I had another piece of about the same dimensions in a frame, so I just had to switch out one print for the other. While my mounting tape was drying I got on the computer and wrote an artist statement to be dropped off with the artworks. Also pulled the other print out of basement storage.

After my phone call with the gallery at Georgian Court, I set out on the road. A whole lot of construction going on, but otherwise it was an uneventful trip up to North Branch Station. Dropped off my stuff, checked out the current show, chatted with our director, then headed out.

Grabbed some lunch on Route 22, continued to I-287 and then exited to Route 1 North. The stretch between the interstate and the Route 9 junction isn't far, but those are hard fought miles cutting through Edison. Got to my destination, the Pearl art store in Woodbridge. There were a few things I need for classes the next few weeks, and I had a gift card with some value left on it. One thing I was looking for isn't in stock (and I'm told never will be again), but I found the stuff I need in the short term. As a bonus, the frame area was stocked up more than usual, and now that I know the solo show is coming soon, I picked up some of my favorite sizes.

At first I was going to head straight home, but then as I was passing through Neptune on the Parkway, I decided to divert to the Studio in Ocean Grove. Not to work, but to pick up some stuff that will be useful for tomorrow's class. From there, I went down Route 71 into Belmar. There was a movie scheduled tonight at the Boatworks. I wasn't planning to stick around for that, but the building was open, and I used the opportunity to measure the front gallery space. With the 4 person show coming up, we have to decide how to divide the space. I also spoke to some of the people there about that show, and some possible changes. From there, finally went home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home