Sunday, October 21, 2007

Woodcuts in Belmar Revised

Back in August I wrote about a planned four person show at the Belmar Arts Council, a prize for the four award winners from this year's juried show. We scheduled it for early November, which would seem like plenty of prep time, but it took a while just to contact the other artists, and all of us had some complications over the past several weeks. Suddenly it's only a few weeks before the show and we have not been able to prepare an announcement or press release, or discuss how we would divide the gallery, or have a plan to install, or anything. Last week I was at the Boatworks, where I saw one of the artists, who wondered if we could postpone it. That would actually work out very well for me for several reasons. I was a little surprised to find that there was plenty of time available in the gallery schedule in early 2008. Today I spoke to the other two artists, and they were both very enthusiastic about moving the show. I have to work out exact dates with the other artists and the BAC, but it looks like it will be in February 2008. More details will follow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home