Monday, October 29, 2007

A History of Art part 53


After work and some errands I went by the Studio for some more work on the tower print. I continued work on the hardware store. Took longer than I expected- cutting out all those little tools was a lot of work. But I just kept working at it, and 2 hours later I was done. For the moment I left the area under the trap door as black. I'm not sure if I want that to remain a dark mysterious space (as well as adding a nice hunk of black in the middle of the composition), or be lighter to imply a passage from the mall escalator, which seems to be leading right to it. I can decide that later.

While all this was going on, Molly was around, as well as one of her current students, experimenting with some silkscreen. We discussed a few things, including some upcoming happenings in the room- the next open critique session on November 7, some high school students the week after that, and a new use for the space under her press.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home