Monday, November 12, 2007

The Mural Continues part 15


Got the word that I'd be painting solo today. While the air temperature may have been a degree or two warmer than yesterday, the sun was completely behind the clouds, and that made a lot of difference. Paint took a lot longer to dry, and I cut out some of what I hoped to accomplish as the chilly damp air took its effect. I did make some progress. I mixed up a light green from more of our Sipersteins supply (mostly some of the blue mix used for the the water, along with some Creased Khaki yellow and Poinsettia red) and used it to fill in a large broad leafed sea plant that Pat had pencilled in yesterday. Results shown in the top photo.

Before leaving I also sketched in the area where the sunken boat will go. I had neglected to bring my original paper version with me, so I used a tiny image off my camera's display monitor (from Community Mural Day) as a basic guide and sketched it with pencil. I was going to leave it at that, but worried about whether it would survive the expected rain, so grabbed some white paint and put down a few minimal lines. This contour still needs work, but at least it holds the place until my next time painting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home