Saturday, November 10, 2007

Reception at PCNJ




Today was the opening reception for the 33rd Annual Members Exhibition at the Printmaking Council. I got there just after 1 pm, and the place was pretty empty, but that changed quickly, with more than 50 people coming through at one point or another. I got some good news right away- gallery coordinator Matt told me that I was one of 3 artists chosen for an Award of Excellence by show juror Lisa Panzera. This means that I will get to be part of a special 3 person show next year in the Library Gallery in our headquarters. My prize winning prints are shown installed in the top photo. (for a better look at the prints themselves, go to this earlier entry) As usual, it's a pretty good show- our members have some impressive skills. The last photo shows some work from Donald Axleroad, one of the 3 artists sharing the Library Gallery this year. More of his cool woodcuts can be seen on his website. If you want to see all this for yourself, get yourself to North Branch before January 26.

I also learned from Matt that the Process Exposed show that I helped curate is currently on display through December 14 in its third location- the Center for the Visual Arts Gallery at Brookdale Community College in Lincroft, NJ. For a reminder of what that show looked like at PCNJ, check out this June posting. You will find details, directions, and contact information for the current showing at Brookdale on this page. Don't miss your last chance to see this very interesting and educational show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home