Thursday, January 10, 2008

Open Critique Night Gets Famous


It was still unseasonably warm today (in the early afternoon anyway) so I took a little break from coloring, and a stroll into Asbury Park. I expected I'd find Molly in the restaurant where she sometimes works, and I did, but she had some good news I didn't expect. The article that we were going over just a few days ago is already in print, following what looks like some significant rewriting by reporter Jason Thomson. This is the TriCityNews, an Asbury based news and arts weekly whose main beat is 3 of the artsier municipalities along the Monmouth oceanfront- Asbury, Long Branch, and Red Bank. (I've exhibited my art in the latter two) The TriCity has long been a big supporter of Molly, having written about her as far back as 2005. In fact, the large photo above of her at work in our Studio was from a session taken for an article they did about her in 2006. What's different now, besides the subject being the discussion group instead of her art, is that this time I wasn't cropped out of the photo. (that's me between Molly and the inset photo from last week's crit night) Plus, the Studio and I are mentioned in the article, which could lead to a contact or two. But the important news is that the critique group got a great write up, which could result in some new people participating in the group in the coming months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home