Saturday, March 29, 2008

Closed

Today I got up earlier than I generally like to on a Saturday, but I had a reason- I had to take down my solo show at Georgian Court at 9:00 a.m. It took me 2 trips to bring all the boxes and wrappings from my truck to the gallery, then I began the process of carefully but quickly packing all the work. About 3o minutes later, all 51 pieces were ready to go, as seen here. My binder, handouts, statement, and sample block were also all packed. I brought one load down the stairs to my truck in the parking lot, then moved it closer to the door by the other end of the building so we could use the elevator and cart to move the now filled boxes to my vehicle. Out in plenty of time for the next show to start installing.

All things considered, I think the show was a success. It got a very good response from those who saw it, and probably gave the print students exposure to a way of working they haven't seen before. No sales, but I have had some people express an interest in buying some of my work, so that could change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home