Saturday, March 01, 2008

Idle Hands Exhibition





I've devoted much time over the past month to tasks related to my upcoming solo show at Georgian Court University. Paperwork, making postcards, finishing artwork, framing prints, etc, often working late into the evening. But today it paid off. Predictions of bad weather proved false, allowing me to safely load my truck and bring all the work into the Art building on campus. With help from faculty and a student, the work was laid out like I planned, and the hanging system made for a speedy installation. The whole thing was pretty much up in 2 hours. I had eliminated 2 prints from the initial list I had provided, bringing a total of 51 framed works to the gallery, and all ended up being in the show. The photos show the four corners of the gallery. From top to bottom- the 22 prints of the Ecclesiastes series, my 3 large prints and some supermarkets, more supermarkets and some saints, and assorted medium small works. There are also 3 medium-large black and white works in the little alcove in the hall just outside the gallery doors. All the people from the school were very happy with how it looks, and we are anticipating a good response from the rest of the student body and faculty when they see it next week.
Idle Hands opens with a reception on Monday March 3, from 5-7 pm (despite what was printed in the Star-Ledger), and will be on display weekdays through March 28. For details call the gallery at (732) 987-2388 or see the Georgian Court website.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home