Sunday, February 24, 2008

Homework

A sunny Sunday afternoon today, and I debated what I wanted to do about it. I knew that I wanted to continue work on the second tower proof, but it was a question of whether I wanted to bring the print and paint up to the Studio to work on, or just keep going at home like I did on the snow day. Decided to stay home. Lots of good light in the dining room where I was working (for a while anyway), and I could listen while I worked to the Godfather movies playing on cable in the living room. As the sun went down I took a break to cook dinner, then continued for a while in the evening. Having finished all the warm/earth colors, and then the grays (as seen above), I was able to start getting to the cool colors late. Not done yet, but the end is in sight.
Being home this afternoon had another advantage- I was there to receive a phone call from the local paper. This was expected (I had been tipped a few days ago that I might be requested to help with an article about the upcoming juried show at the BAC), I just didn't know when I'd be contacted. I gave some requested information about last year's best-in-show piece and my process in general. There may be some e-mail follow-up to come. The article itself should see print in early March. Details to come when I know something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home