Friday, February 29, 2008

Late Night Frame Shop

Yet another busy day and night in this very busy week. Worked the day job, the easy part. Got home, got stuff together for the BAC juried show, and drove to Belmar. Drop off for this show was tonight or tomorrow morning, but I'm definitely busy on Saturday. I dropped off two pieces to be judged, things I won't need for the big solo show. I'll find out the results some time next week.

The big action was after dinner. I set up my mat cutting machine on the dining room table. I built this thing several years ago- a couple of boards, a straightedge, a small bevel cutter, and some clamps. Total cost was maybe $40, a lot less than any of the manufactured mat cutters. I do need to use a ruler to mark out the dimensions on the back of the mat, but after that it works great, and can handle 40" mats. I needed that ability tonight as I had to do all my final framing in preparation for tomorrow's show installation. I did the largest one first, the tower print. Cut mats and backers for 4 others, mounted them. I also switched out 2 supermarket prints, and 5 saints. Final packing remains, but I can do that in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home