Wednesday, March 05, 2008

BAC 4th Annual Juried Art Show

Today was the day that we were to learn the result of the jurying of the upcoming 4th Annual Juried show at the Belmar Arts Council. I didn't get the promised e-mail, but I assumed that they wouldn't take more than one piece per artist, so I needed to stop by no matter what was decided. When I arrived, I found that the above piece, Scenes from the Grand Opening #20, will be part of the show. There was no guarantee- over 240 pieces were submitted for jurying, so quite a bit had to be cut. The back room was curtained off for the moment, but from what I saw hanging in the front room (where mine was on a wall), this will be a very diverse show. The reception is this Saturday, March 8, from 3:00 to 5:00 pm at the Boatworks.

One new thing today- they've installed a new hanging system in the front room. These are flexible heavy wires that hang from moldings mounted at the tops of the walls, down to about 3 feet off the ground. Adjustable clips slide onto the wires (can be multiple clips to double hang like I did with solid hangers at Georgian Court), and the extra wire can be coiled up and hidden behind the framed works. The nails I put in the wall for my show there last month were the last to ever go into those walls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home