Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Putting a Face with a Name

After putting in a couple of hours working on the mural at the Boatworks, I went inside for another two hours, trading my brushes for charcoal. The usual variety of short and long poses, the drawing above (about 25 minutes) was my best of the night. The model thought so as well, really liking what I did with the face. (she thought it had a Picasso feel- not my intention, but I can see where she's coming from) The model was good, so I collected her information for future use, thinking in particular of the figure class I've taught several times. I recognized the name immediately as a model who the department secretary had scheduled once a while back, but had cancelled in favor of a better paying job. Well, I'll hold on to her contact info anyway, you never know when it might prove useful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home