Thursday, January 29, 2009

Ocean County Drive

In the early afternoon I took a ride down to Island Heights, to the Ocean County Artists' Guild. Today was the dropping off day for the shows that open this coming weekend. I found myself in a little room on the main level where work for the Printmakers' Invitational was being collected. I filled out a bunch of paperwork- loan agreement, label information, etc. The room that is to hold the print show is much too small to hold the three works requested from each artist. The plan is to put two from each artist in the first gallery, and the remaining work in the larger gallery that also includes the member show that opens the same day. The opening reception will be Sunday, February 1 from 1 to 4 pm, over well before the game begins. The show will remain on display through the month of February, with regular gallery hours Tuesday to Sunday, 1 to 4 pm.

Having taken care of my business at OCAG, I technically had enough time to go home and then get back down to the Toms River area for my evening class, but that would be a waste of time and fuel, so I just went right to school and used some of that time to do some library research toward what will likely be the next print that I work on. I hope to have something to post regarding that within the next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home