Sunday, May 17, 2009

Boardwalk Tattoo part 29

I used up a good bit of the afternoon walking around Ocean Grove and Asbury, but I still wanted to put in a little time on my new piece, so when I returned I went down to the Studio. Today I was coloring with blue, applying some color (phthalo I think) to the sky and water in the beach/boardwalk scene, but mostly dealing with the two big items. The dragon is ultramarine with a slight white tint, which is what I used in the first proof, but there it mixed a bit with the green it was covering. I used the same blue for the customer's jeans, which were a wash of indigo last time. All this took about 90 minutes, working slowly and carefully. Next time it will be lots of little details and a variety of colors, but nothing too large.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home