Thursday, July 16, 2009

Boardwalk Arcade part 23



Spent a short session in the Studio this afternoon, starting the coloring of the arcade print. I considered a few options before going with the red/orange pattern for the carpet. The red is also found on the shelves behind the counter. The turquoise color went on the attendant's shirt, just as I used it for the worker in the wheel game print. Put the same color in two other big pieces for now. For the skeeball lanes I went with colors based on my research. Not crazy about the green there (too light/bright I think) but I'll leave it for now and see how things develop around it. Another thing I'm not satisfied with right now is the light blue wash I put on the back walls- sort of a cool off white. Might need to make that color a little deeper eventually. I'll continue with the stuff I know, then fill in the undetermined stuff (figures mostly) after I see how things have worked out.

I brought the print home with me, then back out that night to the Boatworks for the BAC critique night. It's also the night for the monthly coordinator meeting, which I sat in on first. As a result, someone familiar with the print and the series explained most of the basics to a new participant before I was able to join them. They liked what they saw so far and look forward to seeing the finished piece in next month's show, if I get it done in time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home