Thursday, April 01, 2010

Boardwalk Mini Golf part 25


I put in a few more hours on the golf block this afternoon. Today it was the picket fence, cutting out all the pieces of wood. That takes the cutting process almost to the end. After I got it to the state seemed above, I took a rubbing on newsprint. Results of that can be seen below.



Molly and Adam were both in the Studio as I was doing this and I showed it to them. They both liked it. Adam really liked the effect of the black figure shapes, seeing them as mysterious shadow figures. Molly agreed that it was interesting, particularly because the clown is the only light figure among the dark shapes, though she understands why I won't be leaving them in this state. I will be cutting out these figures to some extent, but how much remains to be decided. In the original photo the light is coming from behind the golf course, and I can choose to emphasize that through the choice of colors- generally darker skin/hair/clothes won't be as extreme as the all black shapes, but might still result in a similar effect. Something to consider when I'm coloring these in a few weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home