Monday, March 22, 2010

Boardwalk Mini Golf part 20


Put in several hours in the Studio today. The first hour was spent cutting out the sky on the right side. Pretty routine stuff. I took time out for lunch, and took a break from the block to work on some teaching related stuff. But then I picked up the tools and took on another big section of the block, the boards of the boardwalk. This time I started on the right side. This was more exacting work, very tedious, but I might as well get it out of the way now. I took some time first to redraw all the boards, making sure they were evenly spaced and they lined up from foreground into the background. Two hours later I was finished with cutting all the boards in the right panel. Below is the current appearance of the whole block.


In other news, we are now through the first weekend of the NCAA tournament and I have two of my art connected schools still alive. If asked a week ago to pick which two they would be, I'd have probably guessed Syracuse and Villanova, a #1 and #2 seed respectively. Syracuse did survive, but one of the biggest surprises of the tournament is that #9 seed Northern Iowa beat overall #1 Kansas to reach the sweet 16. This messed up a whole lot of brackets (including mine) but it's nice to have another Missouri Valley Conference team (like my beloved Salukis) make it to the 2nd weekend. I have two links to UNI- two prints from the Ecclesiastes series were part of the juried group show A Question of Faith in 2001, and one of those prints was used on the cover of Religion & Education, an academic journal produced at the university, in 2002.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home