Sunday, March 14, 2010

Boardwalk Mini Golf part 17


Today would have been a good day to be in the Studio, except that one of the theater groups in the building had a matinee scheduled. This in itself wouldn't prevent me from working, but it's not uncommon for those in attendance to double park our little lot full, which could potentially leave me stuck up there hours longer than I'd want to be. I did make a brief stop in about 2 hours before showtime (all but a few of the lined spots already taken) to make sure that our space survived yesterday's brutal storm. It did. (I wasn't so much worried about damage from the fire that destroyed several buildings in town yesterday, up closer to the beach) I'm still in the drawing phase and that I can do at home.

I left off last time in the lower right corner, with the issue of the two similar kids. In the end I decided to make changes to both of them. (see above) The earlier one (behind the fence) I just erased- he maybe made sense earlier in the process, but he later became mostly obscured by the fence when that went in. The more recent one (outside the fence) had been facing back at the viewer- I changed the head to face to the right. Then I added what he's facing, a stroller with a sleeping occupant, and just a sliver of the woman (his mother) pushing it. The idea is that he is, at the least, excited by the giant bluefish, and possibly trying to talk her into playing a round.

I'm pretty sure that's the last major element to be added to this print. Over the next few days I'll look it over, probably make some minor adjustments, and be ready to start cutting it later in the week. The current version of the whole block can be seen below.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home