Saturday, February 27, 2010

A Really Big Show


Got up and out of the house this morning much earlier than I typically do on a Saturday. The most recent snowstorm had stopped early enough yesterday to allow all the roads to be cleared, so there was no problem getting up to the Printmaking Council. I had been asked to come up as a member of the Advisory Board, so our director and others could discuss some future plans for PCNJ and get our feedback.
That meeting went right up to the beginning of an opening reception for the Grande exhibition, a show of all large format prints. Only 11 artists in the show, but because of the large sizes, only one or two works could fit on each wall. One of the participants is someone I know well, Anne Dushanko Dobek. A few years back she featured me and my work in a lecture she gave at NJCVA in Summit, called Printmakers as Social Commentators, and she came down to see my show at Landmark Books in Manasquan. For this exhibition she had installed a version of her "Parallel Migrations" piece (shown below), made up of hundreds (and in bigger spaces, thousands) of silkscreened butterflies.

I hung around for a while, talking to various people I knew, until about 3 pm. Headed south, with another art reception on my agenda, and a planned stop in between.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home