Sunday, February 21, 2010

Boardwalk Mini Golf part 10


Between the record winter weather, school, and art world commitments, it's been almost 2 weeks since I was last in the Studio, possibly the longest gap since we moved in there. Because my current block has been home with me for the last month I have been able to add to it a few times, but I really wanted to get back to my usual workspace. Today I was able to do that, continuing to add figures to the golf course. In the lower right corner I put in two figures, seen above. The girl in the bikini is actually one of the sketches I did months ago when I hired the model. The excited kid is based on a photo I found.

Being the nicest weather I've seen in weeks, I decided to take a short break and walk over to see the latest show at the Parlor Gallery in Asbury. The break ended up being longer than expected, as I had a nice time talking prints with the gallery sitter. Not every day that you meet someone who is a Frans Masereel fan. But eventually I returned the Studio. The next task on my list for today was to rough in two figures (seen above) near the center of the diptych, watching the bikini girl (the three are meant to be a group) play the clown hole. The female is based on a quick sketch of someone I saw on one of my Seaside trips a while back, the male is just made up. Both need some work, but what's here gives the idea of what I'm going for.

The wider view seen above shows the placement of the four new figures in the overall composition. I have a good idea of where the next two will go on the course, and maybe a third. After that I expect there will be at least a couple in the immediate foreground, this side of the picket fence.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home