Saturday, February 06, 2010

A Boardwalk in Somerville

After my second time this winter digging out from two feet of snow, it was nice to come inside and get some news with a little bit of a summer feel. On schedule, I received notification regarding the upcoming 35th annual PCNJ Member Exhibition, called "Where Have We Been?" The rules required that submitted work be from the last year, but also promised that at least one work would be accepted from each artist. So I knew that meant I'll be showing one of my boardwalk prints in this multi-venue exhibition, but I was waiting to find out which one. The jurying committee chose the print seen above- The Floating World: Tattoo Studio.

The show will actually debut at the Somerset County Cultural and Heritage Commission Gallery, which is in the Somerset County Courthouse complex. I have gotten word that the show will actually be split between two locations there; I'll post which place will be hosting my piece when I know something. No word yet on an opening reception or gallery hours, but I do know that it will be there from March 1 to April 9, 2010.

The exhibition will also be seen in the PCNJ gallery in North Branch Station, opening on May 15 and remaining up through July 24, 2010.

Those wanting to know more about the print can follow the piece from early sketches to finished work by looking through my blog archives from February 2009 through May 2009.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home