Thursday, January 21, 2010

For Love Not Money part 7

Running around with a bunch of afternoon errands, but I could squeeze a couple of hours in the Studio in between some other things. I realized after I got there that I had left some of the color relief ink I had at home, leaving me a few colors short of what I need for the whole card. What I did have was enough for what I had thought about using for the sky, so I decided to try some experiments. I mixed up a few colors, using a combination of silkscreen and relief ink, powdered pigment, and an ink additive.

To create the monotype I used a piece of glass (my small portable ink palette), which I placed over the cut block in a fixed position- hard against the pegs with the corners marked. I then painted a colorful sky on the plate using brushes, slightly overlapping the edges and the building.


I wanted to leave space to add the building later, so I cut out a stencil in the shape and placed it over the proper spot. Then a piece of the card paper with the punch holes was fitted on the pegs and down on the plate. Carefully hand printed it. The above photo shows the result. I produced a bunch in this way, some darker, some lighter. Next time (with my full set of inks) I'll probably try some with the full color over the whole card, but I'll save today's output for further experiments or in case I need them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home