Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Next Show in 2010?

As I stated in my New Year's summary, I don't have much on my exhibition schedule for the coming year. I'm hopeful that things fill in soon (as they typically do more years than not), but for now I have two likely shows coming up. One will be For Love Not Money coming up later this year, which is expected to be on display at the 15th Tallinn Print Triennial in Estonia (as well as Australia in 2011 and maybe a few other locations in between). But before then will be Where Have We Been?, also known as the 35th Annual Member's Exhibition at the Printmaking Council of New Jersey. In the past this has usually been a juried show, and while I've always made the cut, I would have to wait for the juror notification to know for sure. However this year it has been decided to make it open to all members, with everyone permitted to submit up to three prints and an in-house committee choosing at least one from each participant. The theme calls for the work to be from the past year, and for me that means prints from the boardwalk series. So this afternoon I wrote up a little statement about the series, and e-mailed it to PCNJ along with the three images. They also still need a hard copy entry form, so I took a stroll to the post office to send that on its way. I'll be informed which piece(s) will be in the show in early February, with the exhibition opening in early March. Of course if something else comes up before then, you'll hear about it right here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home