Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas from Studio Arrabbiata

This year's card, inspired by my woodcut hero Frans Masereel, was a little late getting into production, between the late end of the semester and this past weekend's snowstorm. What you see above is one of the prototypes that I printed yesterday afternoon. So far I've stuck with the black and white of the original, though it's a bit different from what one typically expects in a holiday card. I have experimented with tinting some of the white with various colors, but so far none are working to my satisfaction. If I find a combination that I like it will end up in the final version. If not, I'll go with what you see above. In any case, I'll put it into production over the next few days and have them in the mail by early January for all who are destined to get one.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home