Monday, January 04, 2010

Boardwalk Mini Golf part 5

Had some free time in the afternoon so I was able to devote a few hours to the current block. The most obvious changes are that I did make the platform in front of the bluefish much smaller, and was able to extend the hole with the loop further out, which allowed me to redraw the loop a little further to the right, so it's not overlapping the windmill blades. Perspective is still all over the place, so I have to come to some kind of decision as to what I'm going to do with that soon.

I presented the block in this state to tonight's critique group. The perspective question was raised by Molly, mostly because she knows I tend to like a certain consistency in my work. Adam asked about open space in this print, and the series as well, in relation to traditional Japanese prints. (such things are found in many Japanese prints, but just as many have compositions like the ones I've done so far) As for the statue, Jane suggested another pig (and favored something scary/creepy), but I'm still considering some options.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home