Sunday, January 17, 2010

For Love Not Money part 5


I brought the block home with me last night so I could work on it next to my digitally stored references. This morning I did that, reworking the ferris wheel a few more times, but eventually getting something I could live with. I also used one of my photos of the carousel building to add a few details, including some shading.

In the afternoon I brought it back to the Studio. In one 2.5 hour session I cut the whole block. Might have even finished a little sooner if not for some tough knots under the veneer of my board. I decided to cut it a little beyond the specified border size; I'll bleed the image and trim it to fit the required dimensions. Still a whole lot of things to work out, but getting this first part finished was an important step in the process.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home