Sunday, March 14, 2010

Arrabbiata at the Dance

Finished my block sketching in time for today's NCAA selection show. Once again I take time to note how many of this year's participating schools are also places where my art has been exhibited. I had thought this might be the year that William and Mary would make that list, and early in the season they were on the edge of being ranked and being talked about as a possible at large bid. But a few bad runs during their conference season and losing the conference title game means they keep their status as one of 5 schools with over 50 years in Division 1 and zero appearances in the tournament. (I was also once in a show at one of the others, Northwestern). Another school that has shown my art (South Dakota) won their conference, but one without an automatic bid, so they stay home. Yet another school from my exhibition history (Illinois) was on the bubble and didn't make the cut.

So that left me with four this year- Villanova, Northern Iowa, Texas, and Syracuse. Syracuse and Villanova are both high seeds, with a good chance of going far into the tournament. I'll keep you posted on their progress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home