Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I'm Back


A month ago I went to one of the biweekly figure drawing sessions in Belmar and spent two hours doing one bad drawing after another. No good reason why- the model is a good one I've worked with many times before. Sometimes you just don't have it. That same model was back tonight, but this time things were much better. Whether it was a 5 minute pencil sketch (as seen above) or a 40 minute charcoal drawing (see below), I had a much better feel for the subject tonight. Not that either drawing looks exactly like her (the model suggested that the charcoal could be her imaginary sister), but they look far more human than the drawings of her I did in February.


This model also happens to be the one who I had in the Studio back in December to pose for some Floating World characters, including a few bikini-clad golfers. Since that block sketch is essentially done, I brought it with me tonight to show her during one of her breaks, so she could see how her efforts fit into the project. She was suitably impressed and looks forward to seeing the final full color version.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home