Saturday, May 22, 2010

Boardwalk Mini Golf part 36


Continued with the second proof of the miniature golf print today. With the first proof of a print I fill in the colors I'm relatively sure of first, then figure out the rest based on how things are going. The second time through I generally know what the colors will be and I color the print by color groups- lighter and warmer first, then cooler and darker. It's efficient, but I also like how it can demonstrate the balance and distribution of colors through the composition. Today was skin and hair, then a lot of reds. More or less following the pattern from the previous proof with some notable exceptions- by the giant bluefish I reversed the pattern of red and white in the checkerboard design and let the red border extend down into the fish's mouth, and I used a brighter red on the fence rather than the rustier color used on much of the rest of the course's architecture. In the latter case the idea is to make the fence pull forward a little bit from the many objects behind it. In any case, the current version of the proof demonstrates the compositional unity that comes with a palette of analogous colors.

Next time the blues and greens will start coming into the composition.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home