Saturday, September 11, 2010

Boardwalk Nights part 13


Today's session included cutting in different parts of the block. On the left side (above) I cut the restroom building and some items in the deep background, including the ferris wheel and parts of the amusement pier. For the wheel I decided to just go with dots along all the main lines, which should read as individual lights on a distant structure. (if I need to, I can always turn those into continuous lines later) I had to spend a lot of time redrawing some minor figures, and I tried many variations on board patterns for the boardwalk before I settled on what I did. (different from any of the patterns seen in earlier photos) That didn't leave me much time to cut out those boards, but I did complete a section from the right panel (see below) in front of the pizza place. Next time around I'll finish cutting the rest of the boards, and maybe move on to the building interiors. The figures will be dealt with last.


After cleaning up my stuff, I took a walk into Asbury Park to check out the Oyster Festival. Food, music, rides, arts and crafts, etc. As I walked along the row of arts, I saw some familiar graphics, which I recognized as the work of Michelle Bernard, friend of the Studio. She had a variety of hand made and mass manufactured items for sale. After a brief visit I continued up the line and saw a sign for Drive By Press, run by former midwesterner Greg Nanney, now happy to be based out of North Jersey. I don't know if he was down this way because I had passed his contact info on to some local arts people, or if he learned about it during one of his summer visits to the beach in Asbury, but it's always good to meet up with someone connected to the Outlaw Printmakers. He expects to make some return visits in the coming weeks, so maybe he'll have a chance to visit the Studio.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home