Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Boardwalk Nights part 14


I put in a few hours on the block today, starting by redrawing some of the boards in the boardwalk center section, then cut all the remaining visible parts of the boardwalk, as seen above. I was enjoying the particular album I had on the cd player, so I continued with a few more things on the right side panel. These would be bits of floor inside two businesses, and (having first redesigned it) part of the overhang- the "POP"- at the very far right. (see below)


The whole block in its current state can be seen below. What remains is some more building interiors and all the figures. At last night's crit I was asked about those figures, if I am going to completely cut them out for color (like all the other figures in this series to date) or leave some or all as dark silhouttes. I told them that the plan was to use the cutting to create a lot of shadows- using the black ink of the block, as opposed to just dark watercolors. This would be worked out based on where the figures are relative to the light sources in the image and to the viewer's position. If I can get all this done by the weekend then I'm still on target for my deadline.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home