Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Back to the Routine


Things continue to be incredibly busy lately (between work and holiday related stuff), and I have spent very little time in the Studio over the past month. But today I had the final meeting of one of my classes, a sign that I'll be able to return to my normal art making routine soon. I decided to anticipate that and spend the evening figure drawing in Belmar. Tonight's model was one of our regulars, and also the same model who posed for several drawings that will be part of what is likely the next print in the boardwalk series. I got a very good response to the use of shadows in the last print in the series, and I'm considering doing some of the same to add some variety to the relatively simple interior scene planned for the next one. So I've been thinking a lot lately about the look of low light, and even spoke to the model tonight about the possibility of having her back to the Studio in January for a quick session to work out specific shadows for those figures from last year. (after I've worked out the basic composition and placed the figures and theoretical light sources for the scene) Meanwhile I decided to break from my usual focus on the portraits during these Wednesday night sessions, and get a little more practice in body shadows, as in the 45 minute drawing shown above.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home