Monday, February 21, 2011

Boardwalk Showers part 12


My original plan yesterday was to go up to the Studio to continue working on the block drawing, but then I had lunch late and decided to stay home and make my changes while I cooked a big pot of sauce and meatballs. The drawing consisted of cleaning up some earlier sketching and adding a few details. For example, finalizing the lockers and locks, reworking the wall sign, and putting back a towel on a hook (above) and fixing some previously drawn tattoos and adding a tote bag (below). Still not completely done with the drawing, but it's far enough along that I was ready to start cutting.


This winter being what it is, there's more snow in the area this week, including some significant accumulations in the northern part of the state this morning, but around here a little overnight sleet had disappeared before I got up. That meant that there was nothing to stop me from spending part of my day off up at the Studio starting the cutting of the block. As usual, cut out the border all the way around both panels first, then I decided to cut a big chunk of the background in the right side panel- the lockers and the trash can next to them. About 2.5 hours work all together. Results of today's efforts are shown below.


I decided to take the block home with me one more time. Tonight's next round of snow is not likely to be significant, but just in case I get stuck at home I can work on the last few parts of the drawing that need to be resolved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home