Thursday, September 15, 2011

A Day in The Studio

Today was my first weekday off in a while, so I took advantage of it to get some urgent work done in the Studio. The first thing I did was find a spare piece of lauan, cut it down to a smaller panel, and prepared the surface with wood filler. That process looked kind of like this. The block is for this weekend, since I am doing a demonstration of woodcut technique and need something to cut. Set that aside to dry.

Next I got the recent proof of the boardwalk after sunset print down from the wall and started coloring it. Since I have to turn in (to a show) the only completed copy I have this weekend, I want to have a backup colored proof ready to go before then. Having a completed one available to look at helps the process go quickly. In a few hours I completed just about all the warm colors, which is the majority of the color in the image. Another hour or so should be enough time to finish the job, which I can do tomorrow or early Saturday.

Before leaving I sanded down the block I had started, and drew on the panel boarders in pencil. Over the next 2 days I need to sketch in the design. I have an idea about what it will be, but I'll talk about that after it gets started.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home