Thursday, August 18, 2011

New Frame Shop

Spent the day doing some stuff related to my move to a new residence, but did some art related tasks in the evening. In the afternoon I had picked up the newly cut plexiglass for the smoking print, getting a considerable discount. (the price I had been quoted yesterday turned out to have been based on the wrong set of numbers, but they decided to stand by it anyway) For the past several years I had been setting up my mat cutting machine on the dining room table where I have been living, but since I won't have a big table like that in my new place, I decided this was a good a time as any to shift that operation up to the Studio. So I brought the frame and all my mat cutting tools and supplies up there tonight, in between rainstorms. The proofs that I had printed the other day seemed dry, so I clamped my mat cutter to my work table and cut a window mat. (I didn't get around to taking any photos of all this, but there are photos of my homemade mat cutter in a few places on this blog, such as here if you want to see it) I also took a few minutes to test the new watercolors I got in the mail this week, on a scrap of print paper. Marissa, a fellow printmaker that I met recently, had told me that she would be in the area, so I had invited her to drop by during my expected stay. She showed up as expected to see the place, look at a few recent prints, and discuss some of our common acquaintances in the printmaking world. Before leaving, I assembled the matted print (the shorter second proof on Okawara) except for the plexi, which I'll insert on the day I submit it for the show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home