Saturday, November 19, 2011

St Benno part 6

Today I had what has lately been a relatively rare combination of events happen- a block of free time and being in the vicinity of Ocean Grove. Not wanting to waste this opportunity, I went into the Studio and finally finished cutting the St Benno block. Took about 90 minutes, pretty much what I had predicted when I last left off.

I had briefly considered pulling a few proofs, but a few things held me back. First of all, a lot of my printing supplies were still back at my apartment, as I've been using them in classes lately. If I had to, I could have found enough stuff around the Studio to do the job, but today I didn't have to. Second, I think I'd like to save the first printing for the next meeting of my woodcut class, so it can be part of the printing demonstration, as I expect my students will be ready to print by then. That's more than a week away, meaning it's time to start thinking about starting a new project. Probably a boardwalk print.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home