Tuesday, March 27, 2012

An Old Favorite

Got the news tonight that I'll have a piece in this year's 8th Annual Jersey Shore Juried Art Show at the Belmar Arts Council. I have submitted the above piece to this show at least two other times, but each time it wasn't selected. Not a problem, since each year I submitted two, rules only allow one accepted piece per artist, and my other piece was always accepted. Another rule is that a piece that has been shown before at the Boatworks can't be submitted. I don't have a problem with such a rule, since my policy is also to never show the same work in the same location twice, but there is the issue that I have very little recent work that hasn't been shown there yet. So I decided to put forth The Floating World: Wheel Game one more time. It fits the above mentioned rules, and it's one of my favorites of the boardwalk prints. Because this past Friday ended up being so busy, I didn't have time to frame anything else, so for the first time ever I submitted only one piece to this annual show. You never know how these things will go (we always go with an outside juror), but the gamble paid off.

The opening reception will be Saturday, April 7th from 5:00- 7:00 pm. The exhibition will remain open through May 4, 2012, Wednesday to Saturday, 1 to 5 pm. Admission is free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home