Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Fall Salon 2012 Reception


The Fall Salon 2012 Faculty Exhibition, combining full time and adjunct faculty for the first time, was installed just before Thanksgiving, and opened the week after that, but tonight was the show's public reception.  The odd circumstances of this show resulted in me having two pieces the show, as seen above.  I brought my classes through over the past few weeks, and many others have had the opportunity to see the show so far, but an official reception brings out a different crowd, at least as long as the refreshments hold out.




I don't think the crowds were as big as the previous adjunct only shows (we have 17 adjuncts in this exhibition, along with 4 full time professors), and some of the professors just hung around out in the hallway, never making into the gallery itself.  But I had plenty of people to talk to- faculty I haven't seen in a while, first time visitors, and I did a brief interview (university relations, I believe).  There are always some people curious about my process and subjects.  And at the same time I was able to get information from my fellow faculty about their works, things my students asked about during our class visits.



The reception officially ended at 6:00 pm, but the gallery didn't empty for a while after that (the hallway had emptied when the cookies ran out), and I hung around after for a while to allow the rush hour traffic on the parkway to clear.  The show should remain up at least through next Wednesday, December 19th.  The work will start being picked up after that, so if you're planning to see it, better not wait too long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home