Saturday, November 24, 2012

2012 Faculty Exhibition



Another recent activity that was affected by the storm was the latest faculty show up at Kean University.  When I first started teaching about a decade ago, the full time faculty would have a show in the building's main gallery every year.  When I asked if the adjuncts ever had a show, I suddenly found myself in charge of it, and I co-chaired the first two adjunct exhibitions, with gap of a few years in between.  Another adjunct took it over for the third edition, but it has been three years since then.  Meanwhile, changes in the department have left it with half the full time studio faculty that we used to have, really not enough to fill the space.  So the decision was made to invite the adjuncts to be part of the show this time.  Apparently a lot of the adjuncts missed the e-mail, or didn't get around to replying in time, so I was invited to have two pieces in the show.  The intake and installation were delayed a few weeks by school closings, but it's finally up now.  I haven't seen it yet, but I received this photo (click it to enlarge) via e-mail of the main room.  My two contributions are there on the far right, my boardwalk night time scene, and the cropped version of the smoker print.

The Fall Salon: 2012 Fine Arts Faculty Exhibition will be on display in the James Howe Gallery in Vaughn-Eames Hall at Kean University through December 21st.  The gallery is open various hours Tuesdays to Fridays, and there will be a reception on Wednesday, December 12th, from 4 to 6 pm.  I'll post some more photos from the show on that occasion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home