Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Woodcutters at Work


Thanks to the condensing of the two woodcut classes, I had all four of this season's woodcut students all in the same room this morning, and all were busy.  My two returning students had started new blocks last week and they continued on those today, one pulling a first state proof, and the other looking at historical relief printing in some of my reference books before taking the tools to her block.  Meanwhile, my two new participants (below) officially began two blocks of their own.


New tools ordered this past week had come in yesterday, so I was able to distribute those (half to new owners, half to the class supply), and demonstrate the basics.  Last week my returning students had questioned the need for extending the length of class meetings, but as the time flew by today, one admitted there were advantages.  And just like that, we're halfway through the four weeks of the class series.  Maybe next time we'll have some work to finished work to show here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home